IN-SPIRE™ Visual Document Analysis
Overwhelmed with information but can't make heads or tails out of it? Industry and government face this challenge every day as they try to stay ahead of the competition or understand national security risks.
The ability to uncover relationships, trends, and themes hidden within data can lead to new knowledge and new insights that could be used to assess terrorist threats, determine how to treat a medical condition, or gather market research on the competition.
IN-SPIRE™, powerful information visualization software developed by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, can give people the ability to see something different in the data they already have. Learn more about IN-SPIRE
IN-SPIRE Version 5
- Facets: Facets enable analysts to quickly drill down and identify document sets based upon their membership in any collection of IN-SPIRE groups. Watch a video about Facets.
- Time: The "Time Slicer" has been replaced by the "Time" tool and offers a more intuitive and responsive user experience. Watch a video about the Time Tool.
- Term Details: Terms found within the Summary tool, Time, or Document Viewer can be inspected to reveal additional information such as related terms and their temporal distribution profiles.
- Automatic Keyword Extraction: Essential keywords and phrases are now automatically identified and extracted when documents are processed by IN-SPIRE, enabling keywords and phrases such as "united states", "supreme court", and "pope benedict."
- Themes: Keywords and phrases are grouped into themes based on their co-occurrence within documents in a dataset.
- Surprising Terms: The Time tool's terms view uses a new algorithm to analyze change in term frequency over time. All terms in the document content are analyzed to find those with interesting spikes in frequency.
Major updates were made to the look and feel, icons, cursors, tool names, and terminology within IN-SPIRE.
New dataset types including RSS XML Harvesting and Excel and CSV files.Full Details of What's New in 5.0